This is about injustice in our life and how to start resist it. We will speak about the moments when we spend some extra efforts and nobody’s notifying them. Don’t know what to do when your hard work is taken as granted? You are not alone! Turn on the episode to learn more about it!
What you’ll discover:
- Everybody sometimes feel that no one notifying his/her efforts
- Some stories from my job about lack of appreciation
- What is self-marketing and why do we need it
- How to promote yourself in relationships and at work
- Invisible self-marketing: how to do that?
- Examples of phrases to start speaking about your efforts
- Don’t you have such situations at work, when you are working hard and doing things that are out of your job responsibility? And how do you feel in those situations?
- We were told that by doing good things we will have a hundredfold return. As a result, we expect that someone, our boss or our spouse, will notify that and will pay us back.
- Most of us believe that the world should be fair. That there should be some mechanism to fix the injustice. But have you seen enough of evidence that there is such force that makes thing better?
- We should take responsibility, take more control over our lives to make it better.
- You should realize that you are the only responsible person for informing your boss about your achievements. Not your colleagues, not some abstract power, but you – and only you!
- Will you have something in return after working hard? Depending on your beliefs you will have something in return after this life or in next life. But don’t you want to live better and happier in this life? If so, you should start promoting yourself.
- In order to get something in return – you should promote yourself. Self-marketing is a skill which could be developed.
- What is the most complicated part of promoting yourself? The most complicated part is to do it invisibly, but, constantly.
- Will someone else promote your efforts? Magic happens, but you can wait for it until the end of your life. Do something by yourself.
- There are a lot of different approaches to promote yourself. You can use your experience, your imagination to do it in your own way. You should make self-marketing as a part of your behavioral pattern.
The task for the next week
- Recall one moment from your work and from your personal life when your efforts were not notified. What were your feelings at that moment?
- Analyze what have you done to make this work visible. And have you done at least something?
- Brainstorm yourself. What could be done next time in a similar situation to make your work more visible? Imagine how you are doing that, how you are promoting your work.
- If at this moment you feel uncomfortable – try to recognize the reason. Why do you feel uncomfortable promoting yourself? It looks like this is a part of your personality. And this is, probably the element that doesn’t let you be successful. If you have such blocker – this is the thing you should work with.